Incredible Offers for Ios
Incredible Hotels in Ios. Visit Ios for 4 days and enjoy your stay at Homer’s Inn Hotel. This is a popular property, just 600 meters from Ios Town. The hotel has a swimming pool and wifi and the rooms have TV and air conditioning.
Some attractions that you can find and visit in Ios are:
- The small church of Agia Irini (17th century) which is built right at the entrance of the port
- The tomb of Homer in Plakotos
- Remains of an ancient aqueduct in Plakotos
- Panagia Gremiotissa in Chora
- The church of Gremiotissa is of Byzantine architecture and is dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin Mary
- The Virgin Mary the Catholic
- The church of the Annunciation (Diocese)
- Ruins of a Byzantine castle in Paliokastro
- Saint John in the Tower built on the ruins of the temple of Apollo
- Agia Aikaterini where there are remains of a Byzantine temple and ruins of an ancient temple dedicated to Apollo
- The area of the Windmills (12 in number)
- The stone-marble open theater “Odysseas Elytis”, 1000 seats
In addition to all these attractions we suggest you see the following beaches:
- The beach of Koumbara. Beautiful and holder of the “Blue Flag”.
- The beach of Mylopotas. Beautiful beach (1 km long) with golden sand, deep blue sea and holder of the “Blue Flag”.
- The beach of Kalamos, in the east of the island, ideal for underwater quests.
- The isolated beaches of Papa and Plaka, Kampaki, Plakotos, Petalidi, Neraki, Diamoudia, Saponochoma, Valmas, Kolitsani, Klima, Pikri Nero, Tzamaria.
- Magganari beach. A sequence of five creeks with golden sand and crystal clear waters.
- The beach of Agia Theodoti.
- The bay of Psathi.