The capital of Italian fashion, Milan has a lot to offer to anyone who chooses to visit it. Italy is a favorite destination for fashion lovers. In particular, train clothing lovers should definitely visit Milan. Milan is the capital of Lombardy and known as the financial center of the Italian North. It is known as a metropolitan area, which has wonderful masterpieces such as:
The stairs of Milan
It is one of the most famous lyric scenes in the world. It is also called “The Temple of Opera”. It takes its name from Milan Square and is located in Piazza della Scala. The theater usually plays ballet, opera and classical music concerts.
The Holy Temple of Santa Maria delle Grazie
Santa Maria delle Grazie is a Dominican convent in Milan. It is famous for the “Secret Supper” mural by Leonardo da Vinci. It is a world heritage site.
Piazza del Duomo
If you are not in Duomo, the Italians say you never went to Milan, as it is the trademark of the city. Duomo is dedicated to the genesis of the Virgin Mary. It is the largest church in Italy and the third largest in the world.
Quadrilatero d’Oro, which means golden triangle, is a triangle full of fashion houses. Inside are the most popular and important fashion stores such as Prada, Valentino, Armani, Versace, Moschino etc. If shopping is your passion then it is worth a walk in the quadrilatero d’oro. January and July is the period of discounts, therefore it is a good time to be in Milan for great shopping.
Of course, apart from the above, it is not possible to be in Milan and not try the famous Italian cuisine. Their unique pizza and their delicious pasta should definitely take a walk in your stomach. The most famous foods are:
- Pasta Carbonara, only in Italy you will taste the right carbonara that does not have sour cream and bacon but a combination of raw egg, bacon and white wine
- Chicken parmigiana, is breaded fried chicken with tomato sauce and melted parmesan
- Fettuccine alfredo, a sauce that goes well with spaghetti. It is creamy and contains butter, parmesan, garlic and parsley
- Pizza Margherita, the traditional Italian pizza with thin and crunchy dough, homemade tomato sauce with basil and mozzarella
- Gelato, of course the best ice cream is Italian. Gelato has the softest texture and has other ingredients
- Espresso, the coffee of Italy. There are endless espersso bars that drink coffee in a second